Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Sound_test1

A "very" rough sound test. It needs a lot more work right now -

Added several sound effects to an older version of lighting here.

The turtle's turn-key sound is not in yet.. we're recording a real wind-up tintoy for that. Also, maybe we could add some gasps / expressions for the rabbit.
And maybe a light music track in the background (...?)




download 1/2 res version here

3 comments:

  1. Hey guys, this is looking really great! I have a quick comment on the sound effect used at the starting line when the rabbit takes off. It doesn't quite seem to fit the action, sounds more like an arrow being shot from a bow.

    Since there a lot of other "cartoony" sound effects in your piece, perhaps you could find a sound clip of screeching tires from a car or something along those lines.

    Can't wait to see the finished product!

    -GM

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love when the sound starts coming in. Great radio voice, Michael. I agree with the above comment about the screeching tires. I would also suggest not using a rocket sound for the next shot but more of a hot rod engine or at least the sound of the wheels on the desk. Save the rockets for the launch shot. You could go much bigger on the blast off to tie in with the great flyby sound you've got at the end. Gasps would be great and I imagine you're putting in clicks and what not for all the rabbit's moves. Music would be great if you can find the right piece. Awesome job so far.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks amazing - Radio Voice is really good. For the sounds, I would actually prefer no background music, but maybe a horn blowing to signal the race start ..? A gun shot would also do ...

    I am still going through the other posts here, Excellent work overall!

    ReplyDelete